Arab Legion 1920-1956
In October 1920, after taking over the Transjordan region, the United Kingdom formed a unit of 150\r\nmen called the "Mobile Force" under the command of Captain Frederick Gerard Peake to defend the territory against both internal and external threats. The Legion was based in Zarqa and 80% of its men were the local Chechens.
The Arab Legion was financed by Britain and commanded by British officers. The force was formed as a police force to keep order among the tribes of ransjordan\r\nand to guard the important Jerusalem–Amman road..
In Jordan 1939, John Bagot Glubb, better known as Glubb Pasha became the Legion''s commander along with Major General Abdul Qadir Pasha Al Jundi as his deputy commander both transformed it into the best trained Arab army.
During World War II\r\nThe Arab Legion took part in the British war effort against pro-Axis forces in the Middle East Theatre\r\nBy then the force had grown to 1,600 men, 54mm Model Soldiers